Tudor Employment are recruiting for a Fabrication/Weld-shop Team Leader for their prestigious client based in Telford
Working Hours: Mon to Thurs 08:00 – 16:30 Friday 08:00 – 15:00
Salary: TBC – Negotiable at interview stage
Ideal candidates should have a minimum of three years leadership experience and have a good working knowledge of welding and fabrication, be health and safety conscious, have good management skills and a positive attitude, be self-motivated and able to make strong decisions where appropriate. The ideal candidate must be able to read engineering drawings and computer literacy is essential. Understanding the quality requirements of the department and Lean manufacturing experience is an advantage. Excellent pay and opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Planning and control of daily production schedules.
- Liaise with management team to provide a bridge between the office and shop floor.
- Direct supervision of personnel.
- Maintaining and creating a good working atmosphere and motivating the workforce resulting in improved productivity
- Implementing and monitoring health, safety and environmental issues within their department to ensure compliance with the appropriate legislation.
- Take lead responsibility of staff during the shift, ensuring that they are working within hours, wearing PPE, and following company policies as set out.
- Assist, help, and train personnel.
- Overtime expected when required to ensure timely delivery to customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Well organised.
- Good IT capabilities.
- Ability to read design/fabrication drawings
- Team leading or supervision: 3 years (Preferred)
If you or a colleague may be interested in this role please call 01543 500 177 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org